I grew up listening to Zig Ziglar during my waking hours. If mom didn’t put his tapes on and play them I did. I loved listening to Ziglar talk about his “red head” and grew to love red hair from his talks. To this day, I love the brassy red haired ladies who remind me of Ziglar’s message to the masses. “You can do it!” comes across to me as a message meant for today’s world.
When a friend asked me a few days back, “What gets you all fired up?” I didn’t have to think long, I answered, “Ziglar’s Bull Frog Speech.” I heard it when I was a child and I’ve given it more times than I can count on many different fields of interest, one of the most prominent being politics. I believe as a nation, we’re sitting bullfrogs in hot water. We’ve become complacent and the water’s getting hotter.
In the business world, we got cozy and comfortable with our profits and they’re running out. Now, we’re looking back with our cooked body parts wondering how we can escape the coming drain on income, and seeing no way out.
Cooked frog legs don’t jump.
There’s an alternative. We can get out of the water before we’re cooked…
- Get a vision for your life. Go beyond the cozy comfort of the hot water you’re soaking in and create a viable vision for your life that means you have to hop higher, move faster, and keep on building a greater profit into your business than you’ve ever had before. Move before you can’t see beyond the edge of the pot.
- Find Mentors who will LEAD you. You want a mentor who is just beyond your grasp, who will occasionally stick his foot up your rump and move you into action. Don’t accept a complacent mentor who isn’t going anywhere – you’ve gotta move to get where you want to go.
- Understand the value of Humility. You’re not God. You’re not like God. You’re not a PART of God. And you’re not LIKE God. Get over yourself enough to understand that you’re God’s chosen and you can have what you want, but you’re not getting it because you’re so all fired hot and wonderful, you’re getting it out of the grace of God’s loving heart. So let the hot air out and come back down to earth, you’re no better than the slug on the street, you just work harder. Humility has purpose in your life – use it.
- Gratitude will take you where you want to go. How many times have you said, “Thank you!” Do it a million times more, every day. Find ways to be grateful every day. Seek them out and act on them, tell people how much you appreciate them, show your gratitude and display your willingness to show favor in appreciation of the goodness of others. Give more than you get and you’ll get even more.
- Determination will take you further than complacency. Remember the Bull frog? You put him in a nice pan of cold water and you set the water on the heat. He’s cozy, his body temperature is adjusting to the heat and he likes the water. As the water starts to boil, the bullfrog starts to cook, and there he sets, cooked in his own comfort. He’s done. Determine to get yourself out of hot water before you become cooked in your own comfort.
So, do you get it yet? Have you figured out that whatever it is you want in this life, you can accomplish your dreams?
Remember these ten little two letter words and you’ll grow faster, gain more, and get further than with any other quote you’ll ever read.
“If it is to be; it is up to me.”
Where’s your red head and how hot is the water?
Jan Verhoeff offers motivation and marketing wisdom for the masses, particularly internet business marketers who know they want to achieve greater business skills and profits. Visit, http://advertizeyourbusiness.com for more information about building your business to higher levels of success and wealth.